Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seventh Blog

Alright, time to do some reflecting on the past week! Well, to be honest I don't remember much besides reading things. Sure there were the skits, but the first half was read, read, read and the second half of the week was grammar, grammar, grammar. I know that's how it works, but it doesn't change the fact that I found it boring and that boredom led to stress since I was trying to complete the packet while everybody was making sentences. I loathe boredom. However, it was nice to see the breaks make a return. I know I personally need to stretch my legs and get some water during that time frame. I probably could just get up and leave real quick, but I feel like that would be considered rude.

Grammar! Wa-pow!

~に違いない is the grammar that indicates you are certain of a fact, as opposed to (ような)気がする, where some doubt is present. To create this grammar point, you tack on ~に違いない to the short, present form of a verb. For example: 読むに違いに. So, as I said, this grammar point shows that you are certain of a fact. A full sentence example would be:

I'm certain that I met a bear.
私は熊に会うに違いない。やったー!

And there you have it, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment