1. This week, I learned the grammar points we studied and some details about Japanese students who came in to visit us and let us quiz them. Though, sadly, my question of dental floss seemed to fall on deaf ears. Or made some ears deaf, depending on who you are.
2. I'm not 100% done with this newspaper yet, but I absolutely love it. That's just because I love writing since I'm not very good with the whole speaking aspect of Japanese. Listening to the Japanese students talk was also fun, even if I got lost at some points.
3. My great success? Definitely getting to write. When I get to be creative, I'm happy.
4. My greatest challenge was trying to understand everything the Japanese students were saying. Compared to the class, I feel I have a much more limited vocabulary. That, and I'm not any good at listening, even in my language and I would have felt rude if I said "Huh?" everytime I didn't understand something.
5. I mean, for the vocabulary, I could probably peruse my dictionary and learn new words on a daily basis and that would help in the long run. But I have no idea how to improve my listening skills. I'm at a loss there.
No comments:
Post a Comment