Hmmm...it's been a while since I had to do the reflection for Japanese class, so I feel like I may be a bit on the rusty side. But I suppose that's alright. Obviously I had the fun of learning all about grammar, but that's not that big of a deal since we all learned the same grammar. However, learning about Tezuka Osamu was a very interesting experience. I'm not that into his works, but I do know the lasting effect he had on anime and Japanese culture as a whole. Fun things...eh? Not much. First day and grammar are pretty boring exercises. As for success, I was pleasantly pleased that I could understand the Osamu thing that Tobira linked to. I had a little difficulty, but for the most part, I could understand it. As for challenge, not much. Once I buckled down and tackled the grammar, it made sense.
Grammar! I choose you ~くせに!
So, the point of ~くせに is to express the frustration the speaker has at something or someone. One of the example sentences in the book is兄は自分で料理しないくせに、いつも私の作ったものに文句を言う。This translates to: "Even though he never cooks for himself, my brother always complains about the stuff I make." In this case, the speaker is expressing her frustration over the fact that her brother complains even though she was nice enough to make something for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment