The most difficult thing during my presentation was the fact that I accidentally threw myself for a loop due to an error in translating numbers. After the brief discussion, my nerves were a bit shaken and I started to feel a little nervous which isn't something I normally experience while giving a presentation. So the new presence of my nerves threw me off my game and made a certain frame of my presentation feel a little difficult. If that didn't happen, I would have never lost my nerves. However, towards the end, I found my center again and regained some of the old confidence I had prior to the presentation. Other than that, my throat became a little dry from the talking and I wish I would have brought some water to drink up with me. A dry throat is so annoying during a presentation.
Two things: I wish I would have taken time to learn how to effectively use photoshop and I wish that I had translated the rent amounts correctly. For photoshop, I wanted to spice up my presentation with some created images just because stock photos can be a little dull sometimes. And with the currency, if I had checked with someone prior, it would have been correct and I wouldn't have gotten shot nerves.
Giving a presentation in a foreign language that you're studying is the fact that it requires you to know exactly what you're talking about and how you're going to say it in the target language. For me, presentations involve a lot of improvisation, which means I'm forced to think on my feet. This doesn't give me time to think about what I'm trying to say in English first, so it's a test of mastery. Another benefit of giving the presentation in the language you're learning is that it helps you to really use the language. Dialogues and practice sentences are great, but they don't compare to talking for seven straight minutes. That kind of length really helps one get comfortable with the language.
No comments:
Post a Comment