Sunday, March 6, 2011

ひな祭り

ひな祭りは三月三日です。ひな祭りは日本と中国の風習です。でも、ひな祭りは女の子の節句です。日本の女の子は「桃の節句」と言います。日本のお母さんはごちそうを作ります。女の子はおいしい食べ物を食べてしまいます。女の子は甘酒を飲みます。

Reflection
I found this activity to be useful. A large part of learning English (for me at least) was done through contextual learning. I even remember taking a test that was meant to be done completely through context.

That being said, I found the first two questions to be more difficult than determining the meaning of the written section. It may just be me, but I have a hard time deriving meaning from kanji when I only know the meaning of one of the two kanji. I suppose the connections don't jump out at me like they do for other people. I found the section in question 3 to be a bit easier for finding meaning mainly because I like reverse engineering and that's essentially what it was.

Then there was the passage which was the easiest to derive meaning from. That's the kind of context learning that I like to see. It took a few read throughs, but I eventually derived the meaning of the text. I suppose I just like my context clues to have a lot more substance.

-ルペ

No comments:

Post a Comment