Sunday, January 30, 2011

Task Review

I thought that this task definitely has it's merits within a language study program. Repeating phrase after phrase and just mindlessly mimicking the dialogues doesn't really test your mastery of the language. It just teaches you how to be a completely mindless robot. The grammar exercises are good for making sure you understand the grammar point, but not making sure you master it. The creative energies required for this allow the participant to prove they have mastered the concepts at hand.


As I've said, this task goes to prove mastery of Japanese. Had I just been completing exercises and not trying to master the grammar, the script writing would be terribly difficult and it would have been a much more time consuming process. It also allowed me to think and create in Japanese, which is both fun and proves that I actually understand what I've been taught.

As for how this task will have helped me for the next class, there's not much to say. My pronunciation has gotten a little bit better and my speaking has become quicker. And perhaps due to the mental conditioning involved with creative writing in Japanese I'll be able to hold a conversation should one happen to be struck up.

-ルペ

No comments:

Post a Comment